The trend of monthly “boxes” has grown significantly over the past year, between Glambox, Birchbox, Dollar Shave Club, and even Barkbox (for your dog), there are a lot of awesome food boxes that have hit the market too, and I had the opportunity to sample a box from Gourmet Spotting. Gourmet Spotting is like a foodie’s Christmas every month – 4-6 medium to full sized products shipped to your door every month for $29.99. Ok, so it’s a bit pricier than some of the other food sample boxes, however, the other food boxes usually don’t give you larger samples. So you’re paying for quantity, and when it comes to food, that is never a bad thing. Here’s what I got in my box:
– 100% Organic White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I used this to make some mushroom risotto for the holidays and it was so fragrant and delicious. Every semi-serious cook should have this in their pantry.
– Fresh durum pasta from Italy (4-6 servings) – a nice big package of orecchiete. I tossed it with some chicken sausage and kale (twist on sausage and broccoli rabe).
– Heartbreaking Dawns Classic Gold hot sauce – tangy and sweet, I put this on…well…everything?
– Tea selection from Harney & Sons – I am a big tea person, and the selection was not only vast, but flavorful as well. Drinking the Jasmine tea as we speak. Other flavors included Hot Cinnamon Spice, Blackcurrant, Orange Pekoe, Pomegranate Oolong, Japanese Sencha (Green), and Organic Peppermint.
– Madecasse Chocolate Tasting – Chocolate is probably my kryptonite, so these fair trade chocolates (both milk and semi-sweet 63% cacao) make a perfect snack at night when I’m craving something sweet. Also note: this company was honored in 2012 for the “2012 Leader of Change” by the United Nations. Well done, chocolate lovers!
To sign up for Gourmet Spotting and/or learn more..click here.