It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday! AHHHH.
The Giants aren’t in it, so I don’t really care, but it’s still a great day for a party. Typically, I cook a large feast for the Super Bowl every year: wings, pulled pork, chili, pigs in a blanket, etc. It’s a lot of work, and while I love every bit of it, I’ve been sick this ENTIRE week and I’ve decided to just give myself a break and order 90% of the food and drink. Here is a little roundup of what I will be having at my spread, and what you can also get at yours! There’s something for everyone, whether you’re BK, NYC, or Queens. Because I’ve live in all three of those places.
Super Bowl Catering Guide - NYC
- Mile End Deli – one of my favorite smoked meat sandwiches in the city, as well as poutine. OHHH POUTINE. And latkes! Oh happy, happy day. Catering link here.
- 2nd City – Chef Jordan Andino is a genius and has a winning smile. Peep his instagram @fork_knife, you’ll see what I mean. Mad pearly whites on this cat. Aside from dental hygiene (#respect), he has an amazing Filipino spot in the West Village with burritos, tacos, and various specials each week. Oh, and their burger?! The Fil-N-Out Burger (pictured). HOLY HELL. I just tried it on Friday and it was definitely on par with an In-N-Out burger. Yea, I said it. Pair it with some Pancit or some Sinigang and you got one spicy party! Catering link and order form here.
- Blue Smoke – I love their Alabama White Wings – smoked and smothered in sauce. I don’t even know what is in these guys, but they’re amazing. There’s also a wide range of meats – from ribs to brisket to smoked BBQ chicken. Takeout guide is probably the way to go, and you can find that here.
- Patrizias – Family style Italian in Brooklyn (and Manhattan), and one of my favorites in all the land. Their spicy calamari is incredible, their pizza is right from the brick oven, and their “purse pasta” (fioretti alla boscaiola) I could eat probably every day if you let me. Catering menu here.
- Maroni Hot Pots – this is a new one I will be trying, but I’ve heard good things about it. You can order literal pots of pasta and add chicken parm, meatballs, and garlic bread. I’m super excited about this. Catering menu here.
- Queens Comfort – this spot is in Astoria, with some of the best brunch and (obviously) comfort food around. They have Super Bowl catering, and I saw “mac n cheese catering” and was sold. Three types to choose from: Regular, Truffle Mushroom, and Bacon Scallion. Mmmm. All orders feed 10-15 people. You have to email your orders, no calls: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony & Sons Panini Shoppe – My faves in Williamsburg for sandwiches and Nutella shakes. The FDNY is chicken cutlet, mozz, and vodka sauce on garlic bread. It’s amazing. I usually add bacon. They have a slew of other heroes too and you can order a 3 footer or two for the big game. Catering menu here.
- Brother Jimmys – if you’re a New Yorker, chances are you’ve been in here for a game or two. I love their wings, hush puppies, and mac n cheese. Ok I love pretty much everything and I’m not even drunk as I type this. Catering menu here.