Another overnight oat recipe for the books! Sorry I’m not sorry that I love these recipes. It makes me feel better about my love for all things bacon and cheese.
You know the deal with overnight oats: you put a little of this, a little of that, mix it all with the oats, and in the morning you have a delicious (and healthy) breakfast to go. Or to stay. Whatever your morning routine is, I promise you it works. The combo of strawberry and banana is just perfect, and the PB addition almost makes you feel like a kid again. Save the other half of the banana in a ziploc bag in the fridge – you can top it off with some fresh slices in the am.
Note: I use Lactaid 2% milk because regular milk doesn’t like me. I’m not lactose intolerant, but for some reason I’m sensitive to regular milk. But you can use whatever “milk” you like! And I don’t love things to be overly sweet, so you can add a bit more agave nectar or honey if you like things sweeter.
Strawberry Banana & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Lactaid 2% milk or Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Fage Total Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- Half of a banana sliced
- 3-4 strawberries, halved
- 1/4 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place first 5 ingredients in a mason jar or bowl and mix together.
- Add the sliced banana and strawberries and mix gently. You don’t want to totally mush the bananas. Just a slight mush will do. Mix in the chia seeds as well.
- Cover the mason jar or bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, enjoy as is, or top off with the other half of fresh banana and a few more sliced strawberries.