With all the post-holiday craziness going on, it seems everyone is getting back into the swing of things at work, hitting the gym, and catching up with friends. I can think of no better time to relax and grab a beer. Or 9 beers?
Get down to Loreley next Wednesday, Jan 20th, for a Beer Tasting Dinner hosted by Rudi Eilers, a German beer expert. Rudi will introduce you to 9 different beers from Germany, discuss each beer's origin, brewing method and unique flavors. What makes this tasting even better? It's paired with food! A 3-course dinner to be exact: a selection of German appetizers to start, followed by pork roast stuffed with dried plums, mashed potatoes and carrots, and a Blackforest cake for dessert. Beer, food, and cake – what a great way to end an otherwise mundane Hump Day.
Tickets are $33 each and can be purchased here or by calling 212-253-7077.
Beers that will be tasted:
1. Reissdorf Kölsch – the Cologne insider beer, top fermented, smooth ale
2. Jever Pilsner – a wonderful pilsner with a strong bite
3. Radeberger Pilsner – fresh and light pilsner from the East
4. Spaten Lager – traditional aromatic Munich lager (aka “Helles”)
5. Schneider Weisse Original – "The Queen of German Beers", extraordinary Hefeweizen infused with spices
6. Erdinger Dark – a full-flavored, refreshingly mellow wheat beer made from darkly roasted malt
7. Köstritzer Schwarzbier – the most popular dark beer in Germany, surprisingly light and fresh
8. Einbecker Winter-Bock – a deep amber red beer with malty sweetness balanced by a hoppy bitter finish
9. Spaten Optimator – bottom fermented doppelbock, full bodied and deep dark in color – perfect for chilly days
7 Rivington St