Do you know what my favorite day of the year is?
Super Bowl Sunday.
Is it because I am just THAT big of a sports fan?
I loves me some football, don’t get me wrong, but I am obsessed with the menu that typically goes along with the Super Bowl: wings, chili, pulled pork, guacamole, assorted 7 layer dips, and of course, pigs in a blanket.
I never thought about experimenting with pigs in a blanket until I tried these delicious and funky flavored hot dogs from Brooklyn Hot Dog Co. They have regular beef/pork hot dogs obviously, but they also have Gyro dogs, Pepperoni dogs (I KNOW), and lastly, Buffalo chicken dogs!
NOTE: The blue cheese crumbles will seep out a bit during baking, so do yourself a favor and line your sheet pan with nonstick tinfoil or foil + cooking spray because that stuff will be a bitch to clean otherwise.
- 1 package Buffalo hot dogs from Brooklyn Hot Dog Co.
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1 package blue cheese crumbles – I didn’t measure exactly, but a few crumbles per piggie works.
- Remove hot dogs from packaging. Cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Unroll the Crescents and cut each triangle into thirds.
- Place the cut up hot dogs on the wider end of each strip, then place the crumbles down the strip.
- Roll the hot dogs up in the Crescent rolls starting from the wide end. Place on baking sheet
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 mins until the cheese melts a bit and the puff pastry is golden brown.
Enjoy and feel free to experiment with other combos. I tried the Pepperoni flavored ones and mixed them with cheddar cheese before rolling in the Crescents and it tasted like pizza. It was wonderful.
Thanks to BK Hot Dog Co. for the inspiration.