You might be wondering, why not just use Chai tea and make it “Almond Butter and CHAI TEA Overnight Oats”? Rolls off the tongue nicer, no? And while you are right, the answer is, I found it to be a little too overpowering that way. The balance is justtttt right this way, said Goldilocks.
I was trying to think of some new twists to my morning oat routine, and it dawned on me: tea! I just made coffee overnight oats, so why not? I used English Breakfast tea and some chai-spiced almond butter, along with cinnamon, honey and chia seeds. If you like all of these things separately, chances are you will love this.
Note: I’ve been drinking Lactaid as of late to see if I like it better with my oats and turns out it’s really delicious with it! Lactaid is milk without the lactose, so it’s friendly to your stomach and I LOVE IT. I partnered with them recently to work on some posts to help create awareness, so I thought I’d give it a whirl in this recipe.
Chai-Almond Butter and Tea Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup Lactaid 2% milk
- 1/4 cup brewed English Breakfast tea (or another mild tea)
- 1 tbsp Chai-spiced Almond Butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Bananas (optional, for topping)
- Add tea and milk to mason jar or small bowl/tupperware with lid. Add chai almond butter, honey and pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Add oats and chia seeds, stir again to make sure all the oats are covered. Seal and pop in the fridge for 8 ours or overnight. Done! Top with bananas or another fruit if you so choose.