If you’re a Ben & Jerry’s fan, you know what I was going for here.
Chunky Monkey ice cream is one of my favorite flavors, so I thought I’d try to replicate it in my overnight oats. And the result? GREAT SUCCESS.
Here’s what I will say about it: if you don’t have a nicely ripened banana, it’s just not the same. The slightly soft texture blends into the oats and adds more sweetness than a firmer banana. Trust me, you’ll want it to be somewhat flaccid.
Let’s move on. If you like peanut butter, honey, and chocolate chips in your breakfast, you will love this. Feel free to substitute for a different nut butter of some kind, but I think peanut is the way to go here. Keep it traditional.
Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or whatever milk you use (I use Lactaid)
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsps of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 banana, sliced into thick chunks (save other half for topping)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- Chopped peanuts or walnuts (optional)
- In a mason jar or small bowl, mix everything but the banana together.
- Add the banana last and fold in gently. You don’t want to mash them into the mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (I always do overnight). In the morning, top with the rest of the banana and chopped nuts, if you’d like. And feel free to add a few more chocolate chips and honey (I know I do).
I need to this tonight! I love chunky monkey.
Hope you love it!!