It’s time for another Instant Pot recipe! Guess you could say I’m officially obsessed.
This one is a delicious, sweet and savory honey-garlic sauce that cooks down with chicken breast and becomes absolutely tender and perfect.
Most recipes for honey garlic chicken in the Instant Pot use chicken thighs, and I’m really not the biggest fan of dark meat, so I decided to give it a whirl with two big chicken breasts and guess what? It was amazing and not dry in the slightest. I made a batch one morning and my mom ate some for BREAKFAST. That’s how much she liked it.
In terms of sides with this one, I made a bit of brown rice on the side separately, but you can use regular white rice or even the 90 second rice that comes in the microwaveable bag – no judgment here. I threw in some steamed snowpeas too because who doesn’t love some greens with their honey garlic deliciousness??
Another thing I noticed with similar recipes is the use of cornstarch as opposed to flour to thicken the sauce. Obviously you can do that if you want, just be sure to cut down the amount of cornstarch. I used 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour and 1/4 cup water, so you’d prob only need 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Hope you guys love this one as much as I do – it’s seriously so easy! And I don’t think I want to cook chicken breasts any other way now…
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Place chicken breasts into the Instant Pot.
- Pour over all the other ingredients except the flour and water (you will combine those two later to make a flour-water mixture to thicken the sauce)
- Set Instant Pot to Manual Mode and set the timer for 8 minutes. When the timer goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn the valve to quick release to release the remaining pressure. Remove chicken breasts from the pot and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Mix the flour and water to create a thick sauce (it should look like the consistency of pancake batter) and slowly add to the sauce in the pot. Mix together and let cook for about 5-6 minutes until it reaches the desired thickness.
- While the sauce is cooking, shred the chicken using two big forks or meat claws (great investment, buy them here).
- When the sauce is done to your liking, turn off the Instant Pot and add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Stir slowly to make sure it’s coated in the sauce. Serve alongside rice and snowpeas/broccoli/whatever your heart desires!