Personally, I refuse to let Covid take Thanksgiving away from me. It’s already taken some of my friends, family, and clients. Enough. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I will celebrate accordingly, even if it means I have to wear a mask while carving a turkey. I’m doing it (all the while adhering to keeping it small).
If you feel the same way and don’t want to spend quality time with the stove or oven, please support your local restaurants by letting them do the cooking. See below for a full list (and will be updated as more come in):
NYC Restaurants - Thanksgiving To Go 2020
- 15 East @ Tocqueville – $495 for a to-go Thanksgiving feast that serves 4-6. The decadent spread includes half of an oven-ready heritage turkey, and a medley of sides including sweet potato mousseline and chestnut stuffing. Foie gras and caviar can be added for $68 and $200, respectively. Menu link here. Orders can be placed by calling 212-647-1515.
- Amali – $85 per person, and visit their website to see the menu which includes salad, main (turkey, lamb, branzino), sides (stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy), and dessert (pumpkin/apple/pecan pie) . Have to order 48 hours in advance. Link here.
- Barano – $40 for Thanksgiving dinner with an Italian twist! Get 10 meatballs (serves 4-6) with pummarola sauce, herb ricotta, and parm. Add on sides like herb roasted potatoes with salsa verde ($25), brussels sprouts salad with mustard honey vinaigrette and ricotta salata ($34), and whole artichokes stuffed with breadcrumbs, herbs, pecorino and broth ($44). There’s also Thanksgiving Pasta Kits for $35. All portions serve 4-6 people. Link here to order.
- Brooklyn Chop House – $295 gets you a delicious 13-14 lb Peking Turkey with cranberry plum sauce fit for a feast of 6-8 guests with all the holiday trimmings. Garlic mashed potatoes, string beans, salads, homemade assorted cheesecakes and coffee. The Peking Turkey is also available to-go minus the trimmings for $195. Orders can be placed online, link here.
- Carmine’s – $295 for Thanksgiving to-go ONLY AT the Upper West Side location. Serves 6-8 people and includes an 18-pound Roast Turkey stuffed with Sausage and Sage Stuffing, along with classic sides like Brussels Sprouts with caramelized onions and Applewood smoked bacon, Sauteed String Beans with julienned red peppers and toasted hazelnuts, Baby Carrots with fresh dill, Sweet Potatoes topped with marshmallows and maple syrup, and Mashed Potatoes with Giblet Gravy. Pumpkin and Apple pies also available for $24.99. Link here to order!
- Carnegie Diner – $22 per person plus tax, tip and a $20 delivery fee with a minimum of 10 people. The offering includes a traditional roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and Brussels sprouts. For an additional $5, you can also get a slice of Pumpkin, or Pecan or Apple Pie. Orders must be made by Monday, November 23rd. Call 212-664-1001 or email email@example.com
- Cebu – $285 (plus $35 delivery fee) gives you a feast for 10-12 people, including turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, haricot verts, dinner rolls, and more! There’s also Pumpkin Pie for dessert. Peep the menu here. Call 718-492-5095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citarella – $179 gets you Thanksgiving dinner for 4 – choose roasted turkey or raw to cook on your own ($159). $359 option serves 8 people ($319 for raw). Each package includes: pumpkin bisque, Autumn lasagna, sauteed brussels sprouts, sauteed string beans, cranberry conserve, chicken stock, turkey gravy, glazed sweet potatoes, chunky mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing (dinner for eight only), wild rice stuffing, corn bread, and pumpkin pie. Menu link here. Place orders in-store, online, or by emailing email@example.com. All orders must be made by Friday, 11/20.
- Dim Sum Go Go – $135 for a Dim Sum Thanksgiving to go for 4 people! 4 pcs each of mango shrimp rolls, roast duck dumplings, shrimp and pork shui mai, and more. Entrees include whole peking duck with 8 steamed buns, snow pea leaf with garlic, Go Go seafood fried rice with XO sauce, and sesame balls for dessert. Orders must be made by 11/25 at 10 pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ends Meat @ The Market Line – $50 turkey pick up is available, as well as fresh ham, porchetta, and more! Visit website for more info. Link here.
- Extra Virgin – $50 pp, Thanksgiving Day Pick-Up Menu includes a Thanksgiving salad, as well as a traditional Thanksgiving plate with roasted turkey breast, braised dark meat, sausage stuffing, vanilla whipped sweet potatoes, truffle baby yukon’s, cranberry relish, roasted brussels sprouts and turkey gravy. Cranberry pecan pie for dessert. Orders for takeout must be placed on delivery platforms by Tuesday, 11/24 for pickup on Wednesday 11/25, from 12-4pm or Thursday 11/26 from 10am to 1pm EST. Link here to order.
- Fields Good Chicken – $160 for a small chicken feast that serves 6-8 people (if turkey isn’t your thing)! Includes 1 chicken selection, brown rice, 2 sides, 1 sauce. Peep the menu here. Link to order online here.
- FreshDirect – $189 gets you a Thanksgiving feast for 6-10 people! I know it’s not a restaurant, but I’m always a fan of their ready-made foods! The package includes a 12-14 lb cooked turkey (with cranberry sauce and gravy, of course), and you get to choose 3 sides, 3 vegetables. You have the option to add on rolls for $4.99 or a sweet potato pie for $12.99. Link here to order. If you’re just into the white meat, you can order just a cooked turkey breast dinner for $99 (serves 2-4 people), with your choice of two sides and two vegetables. Link here to order.
- Harry’s – $250 for a turkey feast that serves 6-8 people. Butternut squash soup, poached pear salad, whole roasted turkey with all the trimmings (cornbread & sausage stuffing, whipped sweet potatoes, creamed spinach, and more). Menu here! Order online.
- Hole in the Wall – $300 for a Thanksgiving feast of up to 6 guests, which includes a 14lb-16lb organic turkey with Hole in the Wall seasoning pot stuffing, Aussie style sausage rolls, sweet potato casserole, roasted brussels sprouts with garlic and pancetta, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, green beans with caramelized onions and almonds, cornbread muffins, roasted bi-color corn with honey butter and cranberry sauce. Orders must be made by 11/20. Link here.
- Katz’s Deli – $155 for their new Turkey Reuben Package! This includes 2 pounds of oven-roasted, hand-carved juicy turkey breast, which you can easily prepare & serve at home (with a side of Katz’s housemade gravy, of course). And for a true Katz’s experience, turn it into an ultimate turkey Reuben sandwich with Russian dressing, sauerkraut, and melted Swiss cheese. Katz’s also includes some of their most popular fall menu items, including round potato knishes, tangy full sour pickles, and housemade chicken noodle soup. One pound of their legendary pastrami can be added to this package for $25 as well! Order via their nationwide shipping service, linked here.
- La Goulue – $82 for a three-course Thanksgiving dinner by way of France. First course selections include butternut squash soup, ravioli de homard, and salade folle. Main course selections feature roasted organic turkey, steak au poivre and pavé de saumon. Desserts include pecan mascarpone napoleon, pumpkin tart and profiteroles. For guests looking for take-out, orders must be placed by Friday, November 20th by calling (212) 988-8169.
- Lea Brooklyn – Prices range from $140-$500. Turkey dinners with options for starters and sides, as well as a 9″ pie and gelato for dessert. All meals come with dinner rolls & cranberry-orange sauce. There is an a la carte menu as well – check it out here! All orders must be placed by 11/20. Call 718-928-7100 or email email@example.com.
- Leuca – $85/pp and offered in oven-ready trays with reheating instructions! Herb roasted turkey, chestnut and fennel sausage stuffing, cranberry mostarda, wood roasted squash, and more. Menu and order online here.
- Loring Place – $175 for a Thanksgiving dinner kit for four including gem lettuce salad with sesame dressing, roasted turkey breast, turkey pot pie, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a lot more! Menu here. Orders available for pickup only, but if you’d like to request delivery, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lucciola – $139 pp for a 3-course prix fixe menu. Lucciola’s Thanksgiving feast includes truffle potato gratin or turkey, radicchio, pear and balsamic salad as starters. Roasted turkey with gravy as a main, and plenty of other meat options. Vegetarian options include Stone Crab tagliatelle and the finest wild caught fresh catch of the day. For dessert, a slice of pumpkin pecan pie and pumpkin gelato and amaretto. Mega bonus: even with takeout/delivery, it includes the wine pairings you see here on the menu. Order via Resy or call (347) 536-1335.
- Ornella Trattoria – $299 for Thanksgiving dinner for up to 10 people. Includes an 18-20 lb cooked turkey, vegetarian stuffing, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, charcuterie plate, pie, side of gravy and cranberry sauce. Link here to order.
- Pasta Louise – $95 for a Thanksgiving pasta kit, if you don’t feel like having turkey! A tray of fennel salad, and a tray of campanelle pasta with butternut squash, kale, sage, bechamel and fontina cheese, topped with parm and breadcrumbs. Available for pickup 11/24 or 11/25. Link here to order.
- Portale – $130 for a Thanksgiving Dinner Box for two! Includes a roasted turkey (carved!), stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, roasted brussels sprouts, kabocha squash soup, pull-apart rolls, bourbon-pecan torta and biscotti. You can add guests for $65 pp. Orders must be placed by 3 pm, 11/20. Link here to order online.
- Que Chevere at The Market Line – $45 for a 12-lb turkey & 1 quart tomato-based gravy. Turkey is marinated in fresh garlic, Que Chevere Adobo seasoning, and homemade sofrito for two days and then slow-roasted on the rotisserie. You can also grab a Mofongo Pie for $15! Made from mashing plantains together with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg and then baked in a flakey pie crust. The turkey will be available for delivery and pick-up through Mercato (link here) as well as pick-up only through Que Chevere website. Ordering available through Friday 11/21, with pick up at The Market Line or delivery through Mercato Tuesday, 11/24 and Wednesday, 11/25 between 2-7 PM. The pies are available on all platforms through Wednesday 11/25.
- Rezdora – Prices range from $65 pp – $105 pp, and you build your own family-style Thanksgiving dinner for 3-4 guests online! Options include braised turkey legs (osso buco style), lasagna bolognese, grilled polenta, roasted honeynut squash, and more! Dessert options include tiramisu, olive oil cake, hazelnut tart, and more. Link here for menu and to order. Order must be made 72 hours in advance.
- The Food Crate – new meal delivery service offering Thanksgiving to go! $259 for The Complete Holiday Turkey Dinner feeds 6 to 8 and includes a pre-cooked citrus herb roast turkey and a medley of fixins (potato au gratin, cream of spinach, sweet potato souffle, wild mushroom ricotta strata — and gravy and cranberry sauce, of course). Prefer a ham? The Holiday Ham Gift Crate ($125.75) serves at least four and includes a half-portioned Swedish ham, a block of manchego Spanish cheese, Italian soppressata, bruschetta crackers and 15 artichoke goat cheese quiche tartlets. Additional sides, desserts and appetizers can be easily added. Free overnight shipping for orders of $125 or more is available to addresses in CT, NY, MA, RI, NJ, VT, NH, ME, PA, with additional shipping options offered nationwide. Link here to order and view menus.
- The Musket Room – $85 pp for a Thanksgiving feast includes Butternut squash soup with cardamom & coconut, chicories, pear and Rogue River blue cheese, roasted rack of wild boar OR roasted guinea hen (1 hen 2 ppl), foie gras and prune bread stuffing, OR chestnut sage bread stuffing, brussels sprouts with pancetta, pommes puree, roasted poultry gravy or black truffle gravy, Huckleberry sauce, and choice of pie. Link to order via Tock, here.
- The Chester – $85 pp, with a prix fixe menu. You can choose from roasted turkey, risotto, or filet mignon as your main, one starter, two sides, as well as pumpkin or apple pie for dessert (served a la mode). Link here for menu! Call to order or email email@example.com.
- Tonys di Napoli – $44.95 pp for a complete Thanksgiving family-style dinner. Includes pasta e fagioli soup, salad, carved turkey with mushroom gravy, sausage stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and apple crisp for dessert. Link to order here.
- Vestry at Dominick Soho – $85/pp for a 3-course Thanksgiving dinner to go. Starters include butternut squash soup and potato gnocchi, entrees to choose from are traditional roasted turkey, beef short ribs, risotto, or salmon. Dessert options include pumpkin and apple pie. Order via Caviar online.
- Virgil’s Real BBQ – $295 for a family-style BBQ feast at home. Available for takeout from sister restaurant Carmine’s on the Upper West Side, the dinner special includes an 18-pound smoked turkey with giblet gravy, sides like cornbread, sausage and pecan stuffing, Sweet Potatoes topped with melted marshmallows, homemade cranberry sauce, candied brussels sprouts with pecans and Applewood smoked bacon, Creole green beans, and buttermilk biscuits. Place all orders by calling 212-362-2200.
Main photo courtesy of Carmine’s NYC.