I don’t know why they’re called “Energy Bites” when they should clearly be called “Delicious Balls” or “OMGBalls” or “Amazing Breakfast Ball Oat Thingies”
I think I’m starting to see why they’re called Energy Bites.
I’m OBSESSED with these. They’re so easy to make, and you can keep them in the fridge and eat them throughout the week (or freeze for up to 3 months). I eat one (ok sometimes two) before a workout if I’m starving and don’t feel like scarfing down a protein bar. I don’t know about you but there’s something about protein bars that will make me feel like there’s a rock sitting in my stomach. Not all the time, but sometimes. NAF = Not A Fan.
Therefore, I find these little bites of heaven to be perfect for those times. They’re also perfect for the occasional “I’m watching Netflix and I need a snack but I also want to look like a snack so this is a great snack” snack.
Say snack again. Snack.
Forgive me I didn’t take my full dose of adderall today. Now let’s make some Energy Bites!
Note: When “rolling” these into balls, you will actually squish them into balls in your hands. They are a little crumbly, but when they get a little heat from your hands (after being refrigerated), they come together nicely. But feel free to add a little more PB to help bind.
PB Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I used smooth but I do love Crunchy)
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and combine with a large spoon or rubber spatula. You can also just make sure your hands are clean and get in there with your paws.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes (or 30, it’s not a big deal), then roll into balls. That’s literally it.
- Save for later, eat one now, or freeze some in a Ziploc bag to have throughout the week. They should stay good for up to 3 months!