I have been craving Buffalo Chicken Dip like crazy lately, and then it dawned on me: it’s because my stomach knows it’s football season.
I’ve made Buffalo Chicken Taquitos before, but not the actual dip by itself. Weird, right? So I did what any normal person would do and ran right out to get the ingredients to make it.
Here’s my thing with Buffalo Chicken Dip: I like it a little less gloopy, and a little more chunky. Yes, gloopy is totally a word…
So with that in mind, if you like a more loose texture, you might want to add in more cream cheese and more Ranch dressing, but for me, this is the way I like it. It’s creamy, but I can still taste the texture of the chicken, if that makes sense.
I also put those little dollops of cream cheese on top because I thought it was a good way to add extra without really adding extra. Ya know? Mix it in if you want, or don’t. Everybody wins.
You can also cut your cooking time in half by buying one of those pre-made Rotisserie chickens. I made my own shredded chicken in the Instant Pot because it’s easy as hell but buying one is also easy as hell. Do you.
Now, for the recipe!
- For Buffalo Chicken Dip:
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken (below)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (and extra for dollops)
¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot
⅔ cup ranch
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese/blue cheese crumbles (optional)
Chopped chives (for garnish)
- For Instant Pot Shredded Chicken:
3 chicken breasts
1 cup water or low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the Instant Pot Shredded Chicken:
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and pressure cook on High for 13 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes or so.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- For the Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except cheese and chives) together. Pour into an oven-safe (nonstick or lightly greased) skillet and spread around to fill the pan. Add some dollops of cream cheese all around, then bake for 20 mins. Switch to broil for 5-10 mins until bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chives, if you wish! Dig in with some chips and/or veggies. NOM.